This Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan with Trader’s Joe’s Kale Gnocchi and Delicata Squash is super easy to make and includes some great ingredients like Trader Joe’s kale gnocchi, Beyond Meat Italian Sausage, Delicata squash (the best squash!), and of course the classics like garlic and onions. You can also meal prep this on Sunday and have lunch for the week. It tastes just as good reheated. The colors even make this look festive enough to serve as a Thanksgiving vegan side or low carb stuffing.
Also, its a versatile recipe, see my notes on substitutions below.
Ingredients & Substitutions for Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan with Trader Joe’s Gnocchi and Delicata Squash
Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi– I tried this recipe with the kale gnocchi but the Trader Joe’s Cauliflower gnocchi, or any other frozen gnocchi should work fine.
Vegan Sausage– I used Field Roast Italian Sausage but Beyond Meat Italian Sausage or another brand will work also. I always buy the Italian sausage flavor in either brand but if you have another preference that is fine. This recipe is not overpowered by spice so you can even use the Field Roast Chipotle flavor and it will taste good here with the squash. If you use Beyond however, keep in mind that the texture is squishier than Field Roast so be careful when cutting it into pieces. Links to both are below (not an ad):
Delicata Squash– In my opinion, the best squash. Delicata is the easiest to cut and you don’t even have to peel the skin. Also when you cut rings, it looks a flower. Delicata also has the the most wonderful slight sweet flavor. But…you can also use acorn squash if that is what you have. Acorn squash will be a little tougher to cut but the cooking time should be similar. Butternut squash cubes may work but I have not tried.
Onion– Yellow onions are used in this recipe. Feel free to use red or white onions instead if that is what you have.
Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi and Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe's Kale Gnocchi Or sub any frozen gnocchi
- 1 Vegan Sausage Chopped in half moon pieces
- 1 Delicata Squash chopped into half slices about 1 cm thick
- 1/2 large onion chopped into slices. About 1 cm.
- 5 small garlic cloves If you have larger garlic cloves, chop them in half.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all ingredients.
- Toss the delicate squash, onion, garlic, gnocchi and olive oil in a bowl. Stir well to coat all the ingredients in olive oil.
- Empty the ingredients onto a sheet pan and spread out.
- When oven is heated, put the sheet pan in the oven and turn on the timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. Turn over the delicata slices and onion slices if they are starting to brown. Add the vegan sausage pieces throughout the tray.
- Put the tray back in the oven for 10- 15 min. Keep checking to make sure onion slices are not burning.
- Take the tray out of the oven. The vegan sausage pieces should be a bit crispier on the outside.
Looking for another easy sheet pan recipe? Try our Masala Chaat Smashed Potatoes:
Here is a superb Weblog You may Discover Exciting that we encourage you to visit. Tybi Moritz Magavern
Very nice pattern and wonderful subject matter, absolutely nothing else we need : D. Angil Alon Culbertson